We have redesigned the BroodMinder-WIFI for those of us who want to obsess over our bees 24/7. The WIFI unit listens to up to 100 BroodMinders in your apiary and sends hourly updates directly to MyBroodMinder.com. It runs for over a year on 4 AA batteries. You can sit at your desk (or on the beach) and watch what your girls are up to.
The BroodMinder-WIFI includes one year of MyBroodMinder premium ($54/year) needed to do direct uploads. Like all our products, we have gone to great lengths to make installation fast and simple.
For more information, watch our installation video.
Note: Due to power constraints, the BroodMinder-WIFI does not operate with the BroodMinder-SubHub. We know choices can be confusing, feel free to contact us at Support@BroodMinder.com if you need assistance configuring your apiary.
• 4x replaceable AA lithium batteries
• web and mobile app access
• quick start paper guide and extensive online documentation
• BroodMinder-Wi-fi is at the hearth of your remote hive-monitoring system. It is the gateway that harvests data from all the BrodMinders available in the apiary and transfers to the cloud to make it accessible in the very same moment it has been collected.
• As with your own smartphone in manual sync, BroodMinder-Wi-fi connects to devices in Bluetooth, stores data in a buffer, priori to sending it to the cloud through your own Wi-fi network every hour.
• Compared to a Broodminder-Cell hub you take the advantage of a low hardware cost (it is built over our standard electronics into a smaller water-tight case.
• If you have Wi-fi available in your apiary using your own network will also be more advantageous than the cellular option: you will still need a Premium account but no token, since all accounts come with a perpetual free Wi-fi token.
• Like all our products, we have gone to great lengths to make installation fast and simple. For more information, watch our installation video.
• There are two versions of BroodMinder-Wi-fi: the internal antenna version is good if you have strong Wi-fi in your apiary. If not, we recommend the external antenna version. Both are housed in a weatherproof box.
Note: Due to power constraints, the BroodMinder-Wi-fi does not operate with the BroodMinder-SubHub.
We know choices can be confusing, feel free to contact us at Support@BroodMinder.com if you need assistance configuring your apiary.
Direct Measures: N/A
Size and weight: 12 x 6,5 x 4 cm / 80g
Envelope: watertight IP65 in ABS plastic
Battery: 4 Energizer AA Lithium batteries
Battery life: 1 year
Measurement frequency: every hour
Internal memory storage: stores readings in case of network default, sending them when service is recovered
Transmission: Bluetooth Low Energy / Wi-fi network
Transmission range: +30 meters with scales / 10m with internal monitors.
Network configuration: Broodminder Bees apP
Firmware updates: Broodminder Bees app
Requires a Premium membership (not included).
From your second BroodMinder-Wi-fi and beyond you will be required a Wi-fi Hub token.
You can purchase membership and tokens at https://mybroodminder.com/app/premium-subscription.
BroodMinder-Wi-fi data transmission hub installs in the middle of the apiary, close to the installed devices and in particular internal monitors since they have the most limited range. Mount it on a pod or against a wall and even on top of one hive.
Ideally you should leave it 1.5m above the ground. Do not place it on the ground where any radio signal will drastically drop.Feel free to contact us at Support@BroodMinder.com if you need assistance configuring your apiary.
Shipping & Delivery
Shipping terms and conditions for online orders on broodminder.com
- We ship as soon as possible. Generally twice per week.
- Orders are sent in tracked packages
- After your purchase you will be able to follow delivery in real time.
- Shall you encounter any issue with your delivery, please contact our customer service: email@example.com