We have designed the BroodMinder-CELL for those of us who want to obsess over our bees 24/7. This solar powered unit listens to up to 80 BroodMinders in your apiary and sends hourly updates directly to MyBroodMinder.com. You can sit at your desk (or on the beach) and watch what your girls are up to.
We are now shipping (November 2021) an updated version based on the Nordic "Thingy:91". It was a lot of software, but now we are prepared for when 3G obsoletes at the end of 2022.
If you can supply power and protection from the weather, then the 'Naked' version could work for you and save you some money.
The BroodMinder-CELL includes one year at $108/year for the cellular subscription plus MyBroodMinder-Premium (required for automatic uploads). Like all our products, we have gone to great lengths to make installation fast and simple.
Installation details are in our updated user guide and this video. (new 2022)
• Naked version : 1x T91 hub
• Weather station version : 1x T91 hub + weather shield
• Solar version : 1x T91 hub + solar kit (panel + battery) + tight box
For all of them:
• free Web and mobile app access
• quick start paper guide and extensive online documentation
• Requires a Premium membership and a hub token (not included)
• As with your own smartphone in manual sync, the hub connects to devices in Bluetooth, stores data in a buffer, prior to sending it to the cloud through the cellular network every hour.
• The Naked T91 hub is delivered together with a SIM card and a silicon casing. It embeds a lithium battery that will last over 4 to 6 months (as for August 2022) in hourly mode. You can recharge the battery with a simple mobile phone USB charger.
• The Weather station version consists of a T91 hub installed within a weather shield. The main advantage of this version without solar kit is a lower cost combined with the opportunity to accurately measure ambient temperature, weight and pressure.
• The Solar version is delivered with a high quality solar kit including a 3.5W solar panel and a 2500mAh battery. All of it fits within a high quality IP65 plastic box that can be mounted in multiple ways. You will install the solar hub in the apiary once forever. Ambient conditions are also measured with this configuration although we do not recommend using them since they are not reliable. The box housing tends to overestimate temperatures over the day when exposed to direct sunlight (which is needed for the solar panel). As an alternative you can consider installing a dedicated weather station.
Typically, BroodMinder-Cell hub installs in the middle of the apiary, close to the installed devices and in particular internal monitors since they have the most limited range. You can mount it on top of one hive, on a pod or against a wall.
For the Solar hub verion take care to expose it to direct sunlight.
Then follow the next steps:
- sync all devices with Bees App before starting the Hub
- remove the orange silicon protection
- power ON the hub
- leds will blink green, then blue
- check on Bees App that transmission has been established. “MBM_last upload” should display the current date/time.
- install orange protection again, starting from the USB side.
- insert the T91 within the weather shield, solar envelope or any other protective housing.
Shipping & Delivery
Shipping terms and conditions for online orders on broodminder.com
- We ship as soon as possible. Generally twice per week.
- Orders are sent in tracked packages
- After your purchase you will be able to follow delivery in real time.
- Shall you encounter any issue with your delivery, please contact our customer service: firstname.lastname@example.org