Pages meta BroodMinder Wifi features
• BroodMinder-Wi-fi is at the hearth of your remote hive-monitoring system. It is the gateway that harvests data from all the BrodMinders available in the apiary and transfers to the cloud to make it accessible in the very same moment it has been collected.
• As with your own smartphone in manual sync, BroodMinder-Wi-fi connects to devices in Bluetooth, stores data in a buffer, priori to sending it to the cloud through your own Wi-fi network every hour.
• Compared to a Broodminder-Cell hub you take the advantage of a low hardware cost (it is built over our standard electronics into a smaller water-tight case.
• If you have Wi-fi available in your apiary using your own network will also be more advantageous than the cellular option: you will still need a Premium account but no token, since all accounts come with a perpetual free Wi-fi token.
• Like all our products, we have gone to great lengths to make installation fast and simple. For more information, watch our installation video.
• There are two versions of BroodMinder-Wi-fi: the internal antenna version is good if you have strong Wi-fi in your apiary. If not, we recommend the external antenna version. Both are housed in a weatherproof box.
Note: Due to power constraints, the BroodMinder-Wi-fi does not operate with the BroodMinder-SubHub.
We know choices can be confusing, feel free to contact us at Support@BroodMinder.com if you need assistance configuring your apiary.